2. First and fore most I’ve always been a rapper and it started out this way. Obviously looking back now there’s so many accolades I’ve made as a musician from being a self-taught guitarist/pianist, supporting big acts and performing all across London. But when you take it back to the essence it started out as writing raps at home so I could go impress the guys the next day in the playground rap cyphers. Hip hop is where it all started for me, but my eclectic taste allowed me to implement elements of other genres and song-writing aspects into my music. I’m driven a lot by making powerful/memorable songs, and combining them with engaging visuals.
3. It’s been tough not being able to go out and perform/network like before, but I never allow alone time to go to waste - been occupied finishing beats, songs, various collaborations and performing on Instagram live and zoom events. It’s also allowed me to reflect on my plan moving forward - I’ve got so many more releases lined up so my schedule is looking pretty exciting ;)
4. For the rest of this year I’m going to continue dropping new stuff, more information will be available on that soon. As for 2021, I’ve learnt a lot from the occurrences of this year so I plan to continue refining my process of releasing songs and social media content. Also looking forward for the visuals I have planned for this year! Also I’ve had some exciting news regarding my bits of acting I do on the side but I won’t reveal too much just yet haha.
5. Oooh this is a tough one. Considering Artists who are alive and breathing, I think working with one of my biggest influences would be a sick experience - Pharrell Williams. I literally studied how this guy plays chords and composes his songs! A few others I’d be super excited about working with - Kaytranada, Jamiroquai, Anderson Paak, Clams Casino & Kojey Radical to name a few…. My taste varies so much!
6. These are my social media links/handles below:
· Website - http://www.madmanstate.com/home-page
· Instagram - @madman_state
· Twitter - @tommy_skillz
· Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/madmanstate/
· Vevo - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUxJLLsw7PNuHYTC-JmbiLQ Make sure you checkout the ‘Believe it now’ video when it drops 26th June on here!
· Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/HorsebizkitTV
Madman State “Believe it Now” ft Anousha
Spotify Link | Retail Links
‘We can’t wait to hear more! ' Buzz Music 'New heat from London’s Madman State' Blatantly Blunt
Believe it Now is the latest nu-wave hip-hop anthem from London based rapper Madman State, supported by BRBradio.co.uk, DJ Shorty Of Chip Shop Radio and Reprezent Radio. The musician and producer has boundless energy and passion and is known for incorporating musical elements from other styles into his unique blend of hip hop and trap. The track features vocals from emotive singer Anousha, and the two’s performance chemistry can be seen in the glossy music video. Madman State says, “Believe it Now felt like a transition from where I was musically. I embraced writing authentic good-feeling melodies and flows. It only made sense to promote a positive message with this song. Anousha is an artist I've had the pleasure of working with before and has a light and gentle voice which I felt was perfect for the melodic appeal of this song. Additionally her input in the video helped elevate the visual to a higher level which I'm really happy with.”
Having supported the likes of Foreign Beggars, Onoe Caponoe (High Focus Records), MC Bushkin (Heartless Crew) and Children Of Zeus, Madman State is firmly embedded in the London hip-hop scene and has won a loyal fanbase. He released his CBT Mixtape early 2018, with a collection of critically acclaimed visuals that assisted the project. The video for the single Tension was hand selected for a special screening at the 2020 London Music Video Festival award in July 2020 where it will be an entry for the competition. Madman State’s music has been featured on the ‘Stop, Speak, Support’ 2018 campaign launched by The Anti-Bullying Alliance. The piece was played nationwide across on-demand streaming services and also personally viewed by Prince William himself, who is a member of the Taskforce team in conjunction with the Anti Bullying Alliance. In October 2019 Madman State supported Foreign Beggars, performing at their last official tour together at Bedford Esquires. Madman State has appeared on various freestyle and online platforms, including Fubar Radio, Pulse 88 Radio, Hype HQ Reality Radio, the GoBigTV Freestyle platform, Music of the Soul and And What LDN.
YouTube | Instagram | Soundcloud | Twitter | Spotify | Facebook | High Res Images